- This event has passed.
Getting a Book Deal with a New York Publisher
October 12 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CDT
There is the book you desire to write and the book a publisher will purchase. Are they the same? To secure a publishing agreement, you must understand what publishers seek and how to differentiate your book. Randy Peyser provides invaluable insight on attracting agents and publishers to offer you a contract.
Literary agents receive 1500+ manuscripts a month. Publishers receive 10,000+ manuscripts a year. If you want to get a publishing deal and more readers, you’ve got to know what publishers (and readers) buy and how to make your book stand out from the pack.
In this FREE Masterclass, you will learn from industry expert and Publishing Coach, Randy Peyser:
- What topics are hot and what’s not.
- The most essential sales tool you need in order to sell a manuscript to a publisher.
- The quickest way to get an agent or publisher to stop in their tracks.
- The 1 thing to absolutely not do if you are serious about getting a publishing contract.
- The biggest mistakes authors make.
- Details about your writing that publishers always look for.
- The biggest questions publishers ask before they make a buying decision.
- How to title your book to maximize your sales potential
- The pros and cons of traditional publishing versus self-publishing
Randy Peyser edits, ghostwrites books and brokers book deals with literary agents and publishers. Her clients have been featured with Hallmark TV, Daily Mail TV, Oprah Magazine, Time Magazine, and frequented Wall Street Journal and USA Today Bestseller Lists and more. She is the author of Crappy to Happy as featured in the movie, “Eat Pray Love”; The Power of Miracle Thinking; and The Write-a-Book Program.