- This event has passed.
Investing in Space Innovation is Key to Solving Our Greatest Challenges on Earth
May 3, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
Learn about the growing opportunities for space technology innovation in the $447 billion space economy and the importance of global collaboration with Shelli Brunswick, the COO of Space Foundation. Today, virtually every community, infrastructure, and aspect of modern life is profoundly reliant on or affected by space technologies. These innovations span weather forecasting, new materials for manufacturing goods, advanced global communications, healthcare discoveries, and precision farming — all which impact societies and regions across the globe. Advocating for space technology innovation and entrepreneurship, Shelli collaborates with commercial, government and educational sectors around the globe on initiatives for space commerce, young professionals, teacher development, and space-inspired curriculum.
• Investing in Space Innovation is Key to Solving our Greatest Challenges on Earth. To do so, we must prioritize workforce and education initiatives, while establishing norms of behavior to work together peacefully in space.
• The Space Ecosystem is Defined as Space Exploration and Space-to-Earth Industries. This is most evident by the direct connection between space innovations and our daily lives, such as global communication, weather prediction, and healthcare advances.
• Space is Driving the Era of Access and Opportunity. As history has shown, when we create more access, we create more opportunity for people, jobs, research, and innovation — both in space exploration and space-to-Earth industries.
• Space for You. Space for All. The space industry needs an inclusive and diverse workforce so that everyone in all skill sets — STEM and non-STEM — can pursue studies, jobs, careers and business ventures.
• Space is an Entrepreneur’s Paradise for Innovation: With more than 80% of business opportunities in the space sector generated from commercial enterprises, the vibrant supply chain relies on entrepreneurs and small businesses to contribute new products